Achieve What Matters To You.
It’s amazing what happens when you’re surrounded by people who share your energy. Our commitment to corporate responsibility, diversity, work-life flexibility, career coaching, and training makes our firm one of the best places to work, learn and excel. We invite you to join our talent network to learn more about our purpose.Connect With Us!
Pre-Construction Manager MAS
Create. Change. with Prevail
The Pre-Constuction Inspector is a dynamic, high performing Experienced field inspector and an integral member of the Construction Team.is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
The Essential Requirements
- Coordinates and executes all activities related to inspections in a timely manner that allows for high productivity without sacrificing customer satisfaction by effectively prioritizing and managing assignments to completion.
- Ensure that all district designs meet customers’ electrical service needs, while adhering to Distribution Design Standards, Electrical Service Requirements, and Construction/Maintenance standards.
- Proactively identify constructability issues when inspecting projects, propose solutions, and take corrective action so work orders are 100% executable when they are ready to be scheduled.
- Coordinates and executes jobsite visits during construction to explore opportunities for improvement with foreman and keep planners informed of progress and status of projects in an effort to ensure completion of project by customer commitment data.
- Serve as a resource to crews, foremen, and supervisors by identifying potential safety hazards with work order designs during inspection activities and propose solutions to alleviate such concerns and maintaining technical knowledge and expertise needed to safely and effectively prep jobs and support IPSEC process.
- Create and maintain a safety conscious work environment by leading and influencing others to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Ability to obtain a 1 year DOT Medical card
The Ideal Candidate and What You Bring to the Table:
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience in Distribution Line Construction, Planning, or Civil Construction.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and experience with safe work practices, basic electrical theory, construction/maintenance standards (i.e., GO95 and GO128), and the electric distribution system.
- Demonstrated experience applying time management skills to planning and organizing a heavy workload.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Able to push, pull and manipulate 165lbs. occasionally
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in applicable profession, business, or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- At the manager’s discretion, additional Warehouse experience may substitute.
What You will impact
At Prevail, we pride ourselves on being thought leaders rather than pack followers. We do not subscribe to off-the-shelf, “me too” products. Our solutions are customized and thoughtfully developed to fit our client's unique needs, culture, resources, objectives and strategies.
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Come see why Prevail has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry! We provide an excellent atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance. Plus, your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that comprises of health care coverage, retirement planning including 401(k) with a company match, education assistance, and much more.
Prevail is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Candidate Focused job descriptions can deliver!
Job descriptions that put the candidate first can see up to great lift of up to 250%. At SmashFly, when we changed our job descriptions, we saw a lift in completed applications of 293%.
Never forget the power of a great Call To Action (CTA)
CTAs with a vibrant, on brand color can see a lift of up to 35%
CTAs with a bigger button can see a lift of up to 10%
And by personalizing the CTA to read Submit My Application can see a lift of up to 90%
|Job Title:||Pre-Construction Manager MAS|
|Location:||Detroit, MI US|
|Job Category:||Construction and Installation|