Achieve what matters to you.
We’re committed to investing in, and taking care of, all of our employees. We want help ensure that your outstanding achievements are rewarded as you succeed.Join our Network Now!
Cyber Security Manager
Job DescriptionPwC's Cyber Security Practise is looking to recruit several Managers off the back of unprecedented client demand. The Cyber Security Manager provides expert strategy, risk and technical advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
You will be Cyber generalist but be developing a strong track record of credibility as a trusted advisor to senior business stakeholders on Cyber Security, and you must be experienced and comfortable working with stakeholders up CxO level.
We are particularly looking for candidates who have experience or a desire to work in the following sectors
• Crime & Justice
• Central Government
The role will be based out of London or Reading.
In return we offer:
• Variety - An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
• Opportunity - To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills.
• Support - We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
• Training - PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and 'soft' (e.g. report writing) skills.
• Challenge - We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients' needs.
PwC’s Cyber Security practice works with some of the largest and most complex clients in the firm’s portfolio to help them to understand their cyber risks and define and execute a strategy which enables the business to deliver its objectives within their desired risk envelope.
We support client leadership teams to define their risk appetite and a proportionate target state of cyber capability and maturity to deliver it; we define operating and governance models to make cyber security a sustainable capability which responds to evolving business priorities. We also help clients define and assure complex control solutions to help them manage their risks.
• Managing and delivering security assignments, including producing documentation and reports.
• Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings.
• Maintaining technical IT knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members.
• Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends, and understanding how they impact responses to cyber risk.
• Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of cyber security, and identify opportunities where PwC can assist.
• Working either as subject matter experts in your field and/or manage teams in delivering engagements.
• Working with colleagues in other services areas and support our clients’ cyber security needs.
• Managing teams in delivering client excellence and work with other subject matter experts.
• Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators.
• Providing thought leadership and direction for the cyber security practice.
• Helping recruit, retain and develop other cyber security team members.
Qualifications & Experience:
We are looking for exceptional Managers who can provide our clients with trusted advice, rooted in a pragmatic understanding of their business situation and objectives, to help them navigate complex, risk-driven Cyber decisions.
Our Managers help clients effect substantial and complex business change, and experience of assuring or enabling change at scale is essential.
Candidates for this role should have substantial experience operating in a cyber security role this experience could have come through a portfolio of consulting engagements to clients, or in an in-house role in a relevant organisation.
• A track record of previous cyber consulting experience, working on business-facing client problems.
• An understanding of how business strategy, risk, regulation and technical constraints influence organisational responses to cyber security.
• Excellent communication skills – both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and writing engaging reports which communicate findings succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is appropriate for the audience, and rooted in the client’s needs).
• Experience of business development or sales, including leading bid teams, and experience of writing winning proposals and RFP responses.
• Cyber Security related qualification(s) such as CISSP, CISM, ISO Lead Auditor etc
• An understanding of security methodologies, best practice and industry standards
• Experience in risk & regulatory frameworks and standards such as NIST 800, ISO 27001, ISF SOGP, PCI-DSS etc
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Manager|
|Location:||London, London UK|