Mechanical Engineer - Level I
Responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) programs. Providing support to the operation and maintence of the plants equipment.
***This role supports two locations, candidate will work from both locations. ***
East Chicago Slag Plant
3210 Watling Street,
East Chicago IN 46312
South Chicago Slag Plant
2150 E. 130th Street
Chicago IL 60633
- The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with equipment suppliers, plant staff to ensure successful operation of the plant.
- Responsible for monitoring reliability based systems including preventative maintenance systems, vibration analysis, and condition monitoring.
- Participate in the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bills of materials (BOMs) for new equipment.
- Management of the preventive/predictive maintenance programs (Inspection, Vibration, Oil Analysis, NDT, thermography, etc.) to ensure optimum equipment availability.
- Analysis and elimination of repetitive problems through root cause analysis, Pareto analysis, statistical review, FMEA and similar techniques.
- Support and guide sustainable improvements in Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of major equipment.
- Responsible for the facilitation of continuous improvement processes around equipment availability and reliability.
- Provide ongoing reports as needed on the CBM program status.
- Responsible for the process of gathering input, and facilitate task completion through others.
- Research solutions to technical problems.
- Coordinate SAP system operations in the area of preventative maintenance routine (PMR) optimization and development with maintenance planners.
- Provide technical support, training and development for maintenance functions with specific focus on entrenching reliability concepts within the maintenance group.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Closely work with other members of the team to achieve goals which support the plant and the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/University Degree
Preferred field of study: Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering
Other Training/Certifications Required: CBM Certifications preferred.
Required Work Experience: 0-3 years
Travel Requirements: 5%
Computer and Software Skills: Computer skills, including Excel, Word, Project, etc.
America's Job Exchange Source Codes
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
State Specific Source Code
|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer - Level I|
|Location:||East Chicago, IL US|