Build and deploy the innovations that drive our business.
At Prevail, it is not just what you make, it's what you make possible. Here, you will be part of the team that develops better, faster computing platforms the world is waiting for.Join our Engineering Network Now!
DevOps Engineer MAS
Create. Change. with Prevail
The DevOps Engineer will have the unique opportunity to architect solutions using OpenStack and configuration management related technologies. Some of the primary roles and responsibilities of the DevOps Engineer include: load testing customer applications to assist with performance tuning and capacity planning, and contributing to open source tools that assist with the deployment and operation of high-availability/high-performance applications.
The Essential Requirements
- Communicate with and support customers directly using various communication channels (Phone, Ticketing System, Etc.)
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and utilize tools for systems automation
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that the underlying infrastructure works harmoniously with customer applications
The Ideal Candidate and What You Bring to the Table:
- Configuration management experience using Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, or other similar technology
- Web programming and scripting ability
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies including code profiling, regression testing, and continuous integration
- 3+ years’ experience as either a LAMP stack software developer or systems administrator with at least 1 year of experience working with a high-traffic site
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related technical field
- At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement
What you'll impact
At Prevail, we pride ourselves on being thought leaders rather than pack followers. We do not subscribe to off-the-shelf, “me too” products. Our solutions are customized and thoughtfully developed to fit our client's unique needs, culture, resources, objectives and strategies.
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Come see why Prevail has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry! We provide an excellent atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance. Plus, your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that comprises of health care coverage, retirement planning including 401(k) with a company match, education assistance, and much more.
Prevail is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Candidate Focused job descriptions can deliver!
Job descriptions that put the candidate first can see up to great lift of up to 250%. At SmashFly, when we changed our job descriptions, we saw a lift in completed applications of 293%.
Never forget the power of a great Call To Action (CTA)
CTAs with a vibrant, on brand color can see a lift of up to 35%
CTAs with a bigger button can see a lift of up to 10%
And by personalizing the CTA to read Submit My Application can see a lift of up to 90%
|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer MAS|
|Location:||Reston, VA US|