Actuarial Associate MAS
Create. Change. with Prevail
We have a great new opportunity for a dynamic, high performing Actuarial Associate in the Syracuse, NY area. Our Associates work with senior actuaries and consultants to design, value, administer and communicate employee benefit programs such as pension plans, health and welfare plans, and executive compensation programs. Consultant that will directly support our Business Applications . The BA will work closely with business users and will be responsible for resolving Tier II help desk tickets as well as implementing new capabilities.
The Essential Requirements
- Analyze statistical data in order to calculate, for example, accident rates for particular groups of people.
- Monitor risk within trading positions in investment banking to ensure excessive risks are not taken during the fast pace of trading.
- Advise on issues such as the selection of investment managers or the administration of pensions and benefits.
The Ideal Candidate and What You Bring to the Table:
- 7+ years' Actuarial experience
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technically savvy and Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Mathematical modelling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks, such as analyzing pension scheme liabilities, to price commercial insurance.
Guru (Preferred) Qualifications:
- 4 year degree from a great college or university
- At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement
What You will impact
At Prevail, we pride ourselves on being thought leaders rather than pack followers. We do not subscribe to off-the-shelf, “me too” products. Our solutions are customized and thoughtfully developed to fit our client's unique needs, culture, resources, objectives and strategies.
No matter which area of the business you choose to join, all routes offer the same deal. The opportunity to grow as an individual, to meet new people, and build lasting relationships that will stay with you for life.
Come see why Prevail has been attracting and retaining some of the best professionals in the industry! We provide an excellent atmosphere that fosters a healthy work life balance. Plus, your hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that comprises of health care coverage, retirement planning including 401(k) with a company match, education assistance, and much more.
Prevail is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Candidate Focused job descriptions can deliver!
Job descriptions that put the candidate first can see up to great lift of up to 250%. At SmashFly, when we changed our job descriptions, we saw a lift in completed applications of 293%.
Never forget the power of a great Call To Action (CTA)
CTAs with a vibrant, on brand color can see a lift of up to 35%
CTAs with a bigger button can see a lift of up to 10%
And by personalizing the CTA to read Submit My Application can see a lift of up to 90%
|Job Title:||Actuarial Associate MAS|
|Location:||Denver, CO US|
|Job Category:||Insurance Services|